You want defined curls but you can’t wash your hair everyday. I have talked about curls before. Now let’s talk about my everyday routine!
Here are my quick tips for refreshing your curls. And yeah, these photos were taken in my car. When the lighting is good you take action! Who cares anyway, right? Let’s proceed with this story post…
Here are the products I am currently using:
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I wash my hair about once a week. Sometimes twice a week. However, I want my curls to look fresh between washes. I figured out a few things that help my curls last!
Check out the story below:
“Wearing your hair au naturel has never been cooler, but those of us with curly or wavy strands know that letting our kinks loose with abandon is easier said than done.”Source: Byrdie
Here are some other things I do to maintain my curls between washes:
- Put my hair in a bun with a scrunchie every night when I go to bed. I do this so my curls don’t get tangled and the ends are smooth.
- Use a mix of products to redefine the curls. I blend alcohol free gel with leave-in conditioner to style my curls.
- Don’t over due it with the products. I just put in enough product to define the curls without weighing them down. Too much gel can result in “crunchy” hair!
- No heat during the week. I lay off of using the blow dryer during the week to give my hair a break.
- Put my hair up if it is humid or raining outside. Otherwise, my hair will get tangled and become a mess!
When I do wash my hair, I really take my time. For example, I will let the conditioner and sometimes a hair mask sit in my hair a bit. Also, I don’t use shampoo to wash my hair. I just use conditioner and scrub my scalp. Shampoo is reserved for the times that I dye my hair at home. Finally, I gently detangle my hair with a pick from the bottom up. Then I use a microfiber towel to dry my hair a bit and absorb the excess water.
After that, I meticulously add the gel and leave-in conditioner in my hair section by section. Although this can take a while, this part is key! Then, I dry my hair a bit with the blow dryer on regular heat. Soon after that, once my hair seems like it is almost dry, I use the diffuser on low heat to get some volume. Done!
Alright, that is my curly hair between washes routine. Thoughts? Tell me in the comments!