I don’t jump on trends too quickly. I make sure that what I buy will work for me more than being on trend. Some trends look fantastic while others look like a mess on me (Know Thyself)!
I did try a pajama top and I’m so into it. And, I’m plugging in some random facts about me in this post. It’s a two for one here. I posted the same facts on my Instagram. I figured why not share info here too?
And, that’s what we are Mixing Up in this post!
I will cut to the chase. I was at H&M exchanging a sweater and came across this top. At first I was just drawn to the print. Who doesn’t like swans?! Then I saw the cut.
What I like about this top is the way the fabric falls. It’s super silky but not too thin. It feels great. I’m wearing a size 14 and you can get it here.
Okay, so here we go with random facts:
Although my blog is plastered with pictures of me, I don’t really talk too much about myself (don’t want it to be the “Vivian Show”).
But…if you are wondering, here are some random facts about me:
- I was a roller skating waitress (I know that my friends & family are soooo sick of hearing about this) at carhop style restaurant. I still think skates are a super efficient form of travel!
- I was born in Canada but left when I was 1 year old. These days, folks ask me if I’m thinking of moving back.
- When I was a kid, I would tell people that my family was from Dominican Republic. People would then proceed to tell me how they love Jamaica (weren’t that many Dominicans in California).
- I played the part of “Reggie” in my high school’s production of A Chorus Line. The role was changed to “Reggelena” to be a female. Not a lot of kids of color walking around my school. My family’s response was, “hey, you weren’t that bad”.
- The feeling of being different all my life (evidenced by #3) has prepared me to work with kids as a school psychologist. Love it!
- I was blowing through the boxes of my kids fruit snacks so much that my husband got me my own box. I eat a couple bags a day at work. #truestory
- I’ve accepted that I have a lot of energy and passions (maybe it’s from all the sugar in those fruit snacks and my coffee). Now I just channel that energy into blogging and grad school along with the other stuff on my plate.
Okay, as my family would say, that wasn’t “too bad”.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
…Because getting dressed (and living life) should feel good!